1. identify a problem to solve
2. identify a customer to solve it for
3. launch a product with a minimum feature set (one that addresses the problem adequately, but not one that requires a lot of capital)
4. validate all of the above as much as reasonably possible, tune as needed
5. obtain feedback from the customer and factor into iterations to the solution
6. rinse, lather, repeat
I'm at step 5 right now with Cc:Betty... A month ago Cc:Betty launched, people played, we listened, and a month later.... new features!
-New, simplified at-a-glance mailspace view
-The ability to SEARCH your Cc:Betty mailspaces
-The ability to VIEW documents within a mailspace
-Alternate mailspace COLOR schemes
-Improved “Betty” interactions
There's no other way to roll. Great thanks team Betty, let's try and rest this weekend shall we...